Who comes up with hair trends? Could it be a celebrity hairstylist? Or the everyday (but fabulous!) stylists like you and me? Or a crazy group of people who think they know hair, so they formed a committee? No matter who starts the trend, it often grows and spreads like wild fire—usually because a celebrity starts wearing that style, and before you know it, everyone is wearing it (everyone and their grandmothers!).
Here are some hair trends that have become connected with the celebrities who wore them best:
- Victoria Beckham/Short, inverted stack
- Farrah Fawcett/Textured face frame and layers
- Jessica Simpson/Clip-in hair extensions
- Jennifer Aniston/Long sleek and the short layer
- Marilyn Monroe/Classic barrel roll and pin-up
- Zooey Deschanel/Heavy Bang
- Halle Berry/Pixie
- Sarah Jessica Parker/Natural textured waves
- Pink/The pompadour
- Audrey Hepburn/Cropped bangs and tight, high bun
- Meg Ryan/Short- to mid-length shag
- Whoopi Goldberg/Dreadlocks
Which hair trends do your customers request the most? I know there are tons I have done from this list. The most requested is Victoria Beckham’s inverted stack and a Zooey Deschanel bang. It is crazy how one person can really send so many people to their stylists with the same request: Make me look like this!
I do like the trends that are out there right now. My favorite is a Sarah Jessica Parker look. The easy and natural look is very much a hit! What’s yours?
Want to see more hairstyle trends? Visit http://www.redbookmag.com/beauty-fashion/tips-advice/best-celebrity-hairstyles#last-slide.